Hi, I’m Joelle… but you’ve probably figured that out already.
I’ve been blogging on tenth-muse.com since January 2003 and while I tried out a few other domains along the way (yetupbeat.com and snappyhour.com), I returned home to roost in 2007. Tenth Muse just fits.
I am the owner of Moxie Design Studios, founded by my favorite blonde and bestie, Kathy of Safemama.com and me just two weeks after I started this blog in February 2003. I design fabulous, yet functional websites, and provide brand and social media consultation for small businesses, authors, professional bloggers and all around cool people.
I love what I do, but I also have lots of other interests, including but not limited to assorted cheeses, LGBT issues and support of my local gay community, cocktails (making them and drinking them), mid-century everything, teen TV melodrama, local history and an endless quest for the right moisturizer.
Random Things About Me
- I’m a proud San Diegan. It’s the best city ever.
- I have a bunny, Lulu, who is kind of a diva.
- I like the way a dishwasher smells after you run a cycle.
- I met my boyfriend, mikey, through blogging in ’03.
He won a Bloggie for Best Tagline that year.
- Coincidentally, my blog won the same Bloggie in 2004.
- I prefer my magazines unscathed when I read them for the first time.
- But I’m not as high maintenance as that sounds.
- I have a bad habit of leaving egg shells in the sink.
- I’m a hopeful agnostic, but don’t subscribe to the dude in the clouds.
- I heart science.
- The Cure is my band. I mean, not my band, but you know, my band.
- But I sing jazz standards… Ella Fitzgerald, Billie Holiday, that kind of thing.
- I never put the new toilet paper back on the roll. It’s a quirk.
- I don’t feel 39, but that’s what they tell me.
All and Sundry
- I’ve written a few pieces for San Diego MetBlogs
- I’ve written a few bits for BlogHer, as well.
- Listen to my goofy laugh on BlogTalkRadio.
- Hear us rub elbows with a fabulous drag queen on Sirius’ “Derek & Romaine Show”.
- I said something snappy about blogging in Southern Living Magazine once.
- A website I designed was on Dr. Phil. Whodathunkit?
- I was quoted in article, “8 Tips for Working with Web Designers” in Entrepreneur Magazine.